It is the desire of Christian Unity Baptist Church to establish Children’s Church as an important part of a strong, youth growth ministry. As believers and members of the body of Jesus the Christ, when we think of the Great Commission –
“Go therefore and make disciples of all nations,[help the people to learn of me, believe in me and obey my words], baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always [remaining with you perpetually-regardless of circumstance, an on ever occasion], even to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:19-20 Amplified version)
It becomes our obligation as well as our responsibility to be participants in developing our youth spiritually… preparing them for the present and future.
CUBC’s Children’s Church along with other youth programs here will be focused on (1) teaching our children about God the Father, the Son and Holy Spirit, (2) demonstrating how we are to live before God, (3) preparing them for discipleship (followers of Christ), and 4) leading our children to Jesus as Lord of their lives. All of this will be done following the great commandments of Jesus which is to love the Lord our God with all of our heart, soul and mind, and to love others as he loves us.
Children’s church will be conducted in a loving, clean, safe and child friendly environment. It will be managed and supported by experienced, dedicated members of the congregation. Programming for Children’s Church will be open to the surrounding communities. Our curriculum will be designed to teach our children of God from the Bible, God’s relationship to us, and what our relationship should be to Him.
The goal of Christian Unity Baptist Church is to develop dedicated disciples who love God, themselves and the church; in doing so they may maintain a godly witness, and through the conviction of their faith, exhibit the love of God and lead by example.
To transform the lives of children and urban youth through the teaching of God’s Word in order to strengthen the lives of families and demonstrate God’s love in the community we serve.
Children’s Church offers classes for the following ages:
Toddler 2’s 1-2 yrs.
- Toddler 3’s 3 yrs.
- Preschool 4-5 yrs. (include children who make
5 after Sept. 30th)
- Elementary I Kindergarten – 3rd Grade
(Including those who make 5 before
- Elementary II 4th – 6th Grade
Teacher Student Classroom Ratios
Student and Parent Guidelines
- All students must register and be placed in age specific class.
- While registering your child, please notify volunteer of any allergies or special needs.
- It is recommended that children be taken to restroom before Church service. Also, all diapers should be checked and changed if needed.
- Please make sure that all of your child/children’s belongings (i.e. diaper bag, sippy cup, pacifier, bottles, etc.) are clearly labeled.
- Do not bring any of your child’s personal toys. Toys will be provided where needed.
- Parent(s) are encouraged to volunteer in Children’s Church. If interested, please notify Children’s Pastor/Director.
Staff Guidelines (volunteer or otherwise)
- Must fill out the Leadership Team Member Registration Form.
- Must complete a background check.
- Must attend ongoing children’s ministry training and meetings when necessary.
- Take training in First Aid and CPR.
- Be familiar with CUBC’s fire safety protocol.
- Attend monthly Leadership team meetings.
- Must wear identification name tag and/or special children’s church shirt when serving.
- Support the Children’s Pastor/Director regarding policies and procedures.
- Must establish a list of those children who have allergies and what they are allergic to. A composite list should be posted in the kitchen area. Each class should have its list of students posted in their respective rooms. NOTE: These lists must be kept confidential. When posted on the wall they must have a cover sheet.
- The Senior Pastor must be kept informed at all times of anything that involves Children’s Church whether it’s problems, changes, needs, financial, etc.
- Any materials used must be picked up and stored properly.
- All work areas must be kept safe, neat and clean.
- When scheduling volunteers to serve in classroom, please follow the student: teacher ratio.