Two Purposes of Ministry
- Preventive…By providing specialized ministry to/for young adults and single adults helping to prevent spiritual emptiness, relational shallowness, heal marital brokenness, and build a healthy vital relationship with God.
- Redemptive…By providing specialized ministry groups to/for young adults and single adults helping to redeem lives of individuals and families (nuclear, single parent, step-parent, blended-parent, etc.) that may have been broken and shattered by the unsolicited tragedies of death of a spouse, death of a marriage, and/or loss of a parent.
Christian Unity Baptist Church Singles Mission is to connect and empower all singles regardless of age, education, race or status (i.e. divorced, never married, engaged, single parents or widowed) to live an extraordinary life pleasing towards God that impacts the world for Christ.
Our mission is to help our Pastor and leaders build spiritually-strong single and single-again adults of all ages and types by:
- Recognizing the unique needs of single adults and young adults
- Reaching them through persistent prayer, tactful training and relevant resources
- Restoring them to spiritual and relational wholeness
- Releasing them to discover and follow God’s specific plan for their life
Christian Unity Baptist Church’s Singles Ministry’s vision is to support the church vision by meeting the needs of singles in the church, community and the world in the areas of spiritual growth and physical growth (eating healthy and exercise). We stress Biblical before Social development and Educational development. We will create mentoring programs that will enable the dreams of others to be fulfilled. We will help create an atmosphere where healing, wholeness and spiritual growth can take place through a personal relationship with God and with each other.
Matthew 6:33 “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”
Empower all singles to live a life of holiness.
In addition, our singles ministry sponsors exciting programs and are involved with all aspects of the ministry. We occasionally gather after church on Sunday and go to dinner at a local restaurant or just talk at a Café’. (We take turns picking the place). It’s a great time to visit with, meet, make new friends, and enjoy food and fun together!
- To establish and promote an information resource/sharing network of like- minded singles.
- To provide a social link for singles to gather in fellowship.
- To enjoy activities that help singles to better understand being a single Christian, and to join with others in social settings that meets their needs.
- To help single adults become integrated into the church ministry and family, help members of the church family see single adults as family members, and provide a forum to address the struggles that single Christians experience inside and outside the church.
- To encourage all single adults to discover God’s purpose for their life as whole individuals through their personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- To empower single adults by providing opportunities for them to serve God.
– Rev. Victoria Dorsey